A powerful story you will not soon forget!
After many years of work, correspondence and determination, Lila has completed her book about a brothers’ tumultuous life. Although never living in the same state, they worked together on this project with tape recordings (yes, they still exist) he made from his home in Arizona and that she transcribed once received. (Lila’s many years as an executive assistant proved helpful). He traveled to Wisconsin to work with her and she traveled to Arizona.
The book, Penalties of the Truth, was traditionally published by eLectio Publishing on January 10, 2017. The main character, Larry, was a naïve, soft-hearted 10-year-old when he found his father with another woman.
Because he told the truth to his mother about the incident, his dad made Larry’s life miserable, to the point Larry attempted suicide at eighteen. He willingly committed himself to a mental institution where his self-worth was mended, but far from healed. Two failed marriages plunged Larry into alcoholism, eventually forcing him to live on the streets. He marries four additional times, never finding the family life he so desired. Finally, a prison term gave Larry an awakening he never imagined.
Buy Penalties of the Truth now from:
Want to shop local? Find Penalties of the Truth at:
- Martha Merrell’s Books & Toys located at 231 W Main St Waukesha, WI
- Books & Company, 1039 Summit Avenue, Oconomowoc, WI
- Tribeca Gallery Cafe & Books, 401 E. Main Street, Watertown, WI
- Loved this book! I can’t wait for the next book!!!!! – “Compelling story of a troubled youth. Hard to put down. I am looking forward to the next book.” – RPG
- One of my favorite books! Loved it so much!! I was on the edge of my seat at all times. Enjoyed reading Penalties of the Truth!!” –
- I know Lila and I never knew anything about her family. I bought her book, and though I am not an avid reader, I could hardly wait for the next chapter to see what was going on with Larry. I just finished it and was disappointed because I was looking forward to more. Wonderful read!!!” – JOYCE JACKSON
- Rejection, heartache, and redemption. – “A spellbinding story of a troubled man from childhood through to late adulthood in search of love, acceptance, and peace, but facing rejection, disappointment and heartache at every turn as his life spirals out of control. Interesting perspective on the choices one makes and how those determine our future.” –
- This book is one that is hard to put down. Well written with many twists and turns that keep you interested.” –
Excellent book, had hard time putting it down one … – “Excellent book, had hard time putting it down. One of the best reads I have had in a while!” – Amazon Customer
A Journey to God’s Miracles -“This is a compelling read, affirmation of how God works through us when called upon. Well written. I could barely put it down. Excellent.” –