While Lila has written many stories, they all come together in her master work, Penalties of the Truth. Penalties of the Truth, Lila Schwenk’s first full-length memoir, was traditionally published on January 10, 2017 by eLectio Publishing!
One such story can be found in the January 2011 edition of the literary magazine Rosebud.
Also published is Lila Schwenk’s recounting of experiencing 9/11 firsthand in New York City. This work, titled Eyewitness to History, was published by Today’s Wisconsin Woman of Greater Milwaukee in 2006.
- Loved this book! I can’t wait for the next book!!!!! – “Compelling story of a troubled youth. Hard to put down. I am looking forward to the next book.” – RPG
- One of my favorite books! Loved it so much!! I was on the edge of my seat at all times. Enjoyed reading Penalties of the Truth!!” –
- I know Lila and I never knew anything about her family. I bought her book, and though I am not an avid reader, I could hardly wait for the next chapter to see what was going on with Larry. I just finished it and was disappointed because I was looking forward to more. Wonderful read!!!” – JOYCE JACKSON
- Rejection, heartache, and redemption. – “A spellbinding story of a troubled man from childhood through to late adulthood in search of love, acceptance, and peace, but facing rejection, disappointment and heartache at every turn as his life spirals out of control. Interesting perspective on the choices one makes and how those determine our future.” –
- This book is one that is hard to put down. Well written with many twists and turns that keep you interested.” –
Excellent book, had hard time putting it down one … – “Excellent book, had hard time putting it down. One of the best reads I have had in a while!” – Amazon Customer
A Journey to God’s Miracles -“This is a compelling read, affirmation of how God works through us when called upon. Well written. I could barely put it down. Excellent.” –